Basement fire in Tuckahoe NY 10707
Our homeowner client had an appliance fire that was accidental in their basement, but it was still under investigation in our Before photo. It is an older home, so the initial blame is on outdated electric wiring, according to our Fire Marshall department contacts. So, it was a bit of a mess for our SERVPRO of Scarsdale… crews, once we gained access to the structure after a thorough investigation. As always, we start with an initial dry down, to prevent herniated backs, lifting wet flooring, carpet and dry wall unnecessarily. We dry for a day, to make the demo process cleaner and then begin to remove the soot from the remaining walls and the ceilings. We got the job done -- WELL -- as always!