Is Your Restoration Company for Fire & Water Cleanup or Mold Removal an IICRC firm?
Like many qualified restoration companies, our SERVPRO of Scarsdale / Mount Vernon is an IICRC firm – that’s the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
This organization was created in New York state originally and it is the national organization that sets our standards in the restoration industry. They also provide training and certifications to restoration companies like our SERVPRO of Scarsdale / Mount Vernon, in the Fire & Water Cleanup business. Also, only IICRC Certified Firms like ours have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force for decades, in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field:
Manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Scarsdale / Mount Vernon
SERVPRO of Scarsdale / Mount Vernon helps business and homeowners from the White Plains line through Five Corners and down to the Mount Vernon / Bronx city borders & beyond. We specialize in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage and flood event.
Our staff is background checked and are highly trained in property damage restoration, as an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from our initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certifications, you can rest assured that our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Here are all of our certifications and completed training data, in order to help you with your home or business.